Based on a true story.
Athirah’s life is shattered when another woman enters her husband’s life. In a time and cultural background where polygamy is still widely accepted, Athirah struggles alone with the hurt and humiliation.
Meanwhile, Athirah’s eldest son, Ucu, has to go through his teenage years with uncertainty. While trying to understand what is going on in his family, Ucu falls in love with Ida. His effort to approach Ida isn’t easy and Ucu’s frustration deepens when he discovers that his mother is pregnant again.
A portrait of an Indonesian family in South Sulawesi circa 1960 that still resonates today.
Festival & Awards
- Vancouver International Film Festival 2016 / Gateway | Dragons & Tigers
- Busan International Film Festival 2016 / A Window on Asian Cinema
- Apresiasi Film Indoesia 2016 / Nominated for Feature Film Appreciation
- Tokyo International Film Festival 2016 / Crosscut Asia #03 Colorful Indonesia
- Festival Film Indonesia 2016
Awards : Best Film, Best Director, Best Adapted Scenario, Best Main Actress,
Best Art Director & Best Costume
- Piala Maya 2016
Awards: Best Director, Best Main Actress, Best Art Director, Best Costume, Best Cinematography, Best Hair & Makeup
- Jogja-NETPAC Asian Film Festival Islandscape 2016 / Asian Feature Non Competition
- Taoyuan Film Festival 2017
- Vesoul International Film Festival of Asian Cinema 2017
Awards: Inalco Awards
- Atlanta Asian Film Festival 2017
- Asian Pasific Screen Awards 2017
- Asian Film Festival Barcelona 2017
- Ramkhamhaeng Asean Film Festival and Conference 2017
Awards: Professional Achievement Awards
- Asiatica Film Festival 2017
- Asian Film Festival – Casa Asia 2017
- Indonesian Film Festival, Melbourne 2017
- Asia on Screen, Phillipines 2018
- Indonesian Film Festival, New York 2018
- Indonesian on Screen, Berlin 2019
- Indonesian Cinema Days, Rome 2019
Cut Mini, Christoffer Nelwan
29 September 2016